Friday, June 10, 2011

Jessica Deutsch


I began running 100 and 200 m dashes in the 7th grade and then became a mid-distance track & field athlete and cross-country runner in college. Now I race everything from the mile to the marathon.

In 2007, after three years of running on my own, I missed having a team and competing but wasn't quite elite runner material, so I started the Mississippi River Road Runners with Sarah Margoles. The 2011 season is our fifth year competing on the USATF MN Team Circuit. I love this team! I am impressed by the talented, smart, and interesting group of women who are my teammates.

My favorite places to run are on the Mississippi River, on the quiet gravel roads of Finlayson, and in the Arb in Northfield. Recently, I have enjoyed running on the public tracks of New York City and a rustic gravel trail cutting through the pastures between Ripon and Berlin, Wisconsin.

Personal bests include: ING New York City Marathon, 3:25:07 (7:49 pace); New Prague Half Marathon, 1:31:xx (watch time, 6:56 pace); City of Lakes 25K in 1:48:08 (6:58 pace). New goals: sub-1:30 in the half marathon, sub-1:08 in the Twin Cities 10 Mile.

No comments: